Saturday, February 21, 2009

Trip to Utah and Idaho

In January Justin had a conference in New Orleans, so we decided to head west to see the family. We had a great trip minus some stomach flu that went through nearly everyone. We got to stay with my grandparents for a few days in Utah and see my cousin Ali and her daughter Lauren, and brand new baby Megan, so cute. Eliza was very excited about the snow however it was quite hard and not suitable for snowman making, she was very disappointed, but did enjoy a walk through the "snowy forrest." Then we headed up to Twin Falls where my brother Nathan and his family came in from Nebraska. My grandparents and Aunt Liz brought me up and were able to stay for a fabulous family weekend. It was so fun to see everyone and the cousins had so much fun. Eliza and Austin, aka Little Tiger (or as Eliza calls him "that silly animal") played together non stop. Eliza and Lydia also loved seeing their Grandpa Rob, Grandma Lulu and aunts and uncle. We also got to do some family sealings in the Twin Falls temple. It was so cool and so neat to be in such a beautiful temple just blocks from my house, thanks Aunt Katie for keeping the kiddos happy. Thanks everyone for all your help, it was a great trip!! 

                              

              My grandma was a big help with Lydia while I stayed with them.






                     Lydia and Olivia, just 5 months apart, they are going to be great buds.
            This is Eliza with my cousin Ali's daughter Lauren. I am so glad we got to see them.
        My grandma bought these cute heart antennaes(ladybug according to Liza).




2 comments:

erin j bailey said...

Austin and Liza make me think of what I imagine you and Nathan being like when you were kids. They both just look like mini versions of the two of you--personality wise too, though I didn't know you and Nathan when you were little and I've never met Austin and Eliza, so I guess I can't really make that judgement call...but in my head it all works out nicely.

Jani Jo said...

Wow, Idaho does bring out the best in everyone:) It looks like you girls had a great time!